Thrid class sprite as a costume

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

Thrid class sprite as a costume

Postby dearta » 2020-04-01 13:54 (Wednesday)

Hello !

First of all i really like this server and I don't want to ask the implementation of third class (like many I think).

I main stalker but I don't like the sprite, But I really like the third class sprite and wanted to ask:

Would it be possible to implement as a costume the third class sprite?

I was thinking of something like this : Only transcended can equip the sprite of his class (An assassin cross can only equip the costume of a guillotine cross if he want)

It could be a quest that need specific kind of items, it would open a new market and we could see more variation of transcended player.

I don't know if it's really possible.

I'm sorry for my english and if this was already asked.

Thanks for your answer.
dearta
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: Thrid class sprite as a costume

Postby Mathy » 2020-04-01 21:07 (Wednesday)

Pretty sure there is a suggestion on our GitLab regarding that, and if it does happen, we'll probably use the jRO sprites.

It's possible, yes, but it's not our priority right now.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Ghostring
Ghostring

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Ysil » 2020-06-20 17:55 (Saturday)

Maybe I'm doing a little necro here, but I don't want to create a new topic.

Since it's possible, would it also be possible to get pre-transcendent classes as skins?
I enjoy playing a Scholar, but Sages skin is much more appealing.
Ysil
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Mathy » 2020-06-22 12:30 (Monday)

Ysil wrote:Maybe I'm doing a little necro here, but I don't want to create a new topic.

Since it's possible, would it also be possible to get pre-transcendent classes as skins?

I agree that Sage sprites look cooler, but the oRO team does not want to create confusion between class appearance and actual class. We believe it's in RO's core principles that you can tell a character's (actual) class just by glancing at its sprite.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Ghostring
Ghostring

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Xellie » 2020-06-23 21:16 (Tuesday)

Mathy wrote:
Ysil wrote:Maybe I'm doing a little necro here, but I don't want to create a new topic.

I agree that Sage sprites look cooler, but the oRO team does not want to create confusion between class appearance and actual class. We believe it's in RO's core principles that you can tell a character's (actual) class just by glancing at its sprite.

If you believe in that, could it be possible to revert to default dyes in woe castles? Guilds dyeing themselves all one colour is a blob of whatever colour and singling out threatening classes becomes impossible.
Xellie
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Postby Distilled » 2020-06-24 22:45 (Wednesday)

Xellie wrote:If you believe in that, could it be possible to revert to default dyes in woe castles? Guilds dyeing themselves all one colour is a blob of whatever colour and singling out threatening classes becomes impossible.

Oh snap (/omg) Good point!
Yeah we might be in the minority, but I'd also prefer if everyone's sprite was set to the default dyes within PvP maps.

Hell I'd even prefer default dyes for the entire game, but I know some people want to be super special looking for whatever reason. Maybe their personality is extremely bland so they need other means to stand out from their peers. (/hmm)
Distilled
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Return to General Chat