WoE reactivation incoming!

Announcements from the OriginsRO staff

WoE reactivation incoming!

Postby Hanna » September 24th, 2016, 4:35 pm

Greetings OriginsRO!

As you've probably grasped by now, we are planning to reactivate War of Emperium. After reading through people's thoughts on feedback both ingame and on the forums we have decided on the following setup:

*One hour duration
*Once a week, on Saturdays
*16:00 - 17:00 server time
*1x drop rates for Treasure Chests
*One open castle, rotating once a month, keeping investments and castle owner from the last

We've decided that the opening date for War of Emperium will be October 15th, three weeks from this post. This gives returning players and new players alike a chance to gear up and prepare themselves for what we hope will be an action filled reopening.

Just like last time, every player will be allowed to bring one character into the castle at a time. This is to prevent dual accounts inside the castle. This does not prevent buffers or warpers outside of the castle. We will be closely monitoring WoE participation to see if there's enough interest for a second WoE day, most likely in the middle of the week.

So pick a side, or create your own, and prepare yourselves for the upcoming War of Emperium!

UPDATE: We have randomly selected a castle. The first castle open for WoE on the 15th will be Bamboo Grove Hill, or Payon 5.
Hanna
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: WoE reactivation incoming!

Postby Blossom » September 24th, 2016, 5:29 pm

Aether will be there, as always.
Blossom
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Shinryu » September 24th, 2016, 6:15 pm

I hope you are already posting about the woe on many other places, because not many people (and even less of the inactive ones) read the forum. If you havent prepared it yet, maybe you should think about:

- some little information on the Main page?

- post on server Twitter

- post on ratemyserver forums

- ingame notice with the annoying yellow gm text from time to time maybe?

- email sent to all registered account mails with some nice banner and info about the super awesome woe return, stating that the server peaks at 120 online players these days, calling people to arms...

- even this topic could use some more pictures, maybe some nice banner, screenshots of when woe had three active guilds, maybe some link to woe vid, like these made by Tekky etc to tease people a little; not just a little info-mention

Informing three weeks in advance isnt too much time to gather people, prepare setup, farm resources etc., so if you plan to do these things, its quite the right time to do so.
Shinryu Retired
Dreadnought "Meow."
Shinryu
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Taishiro » September 24th, 2016, 6:34 pm

That is great news! Good to see WoE returning.

Shinryu wrote:I hope you are already posting about the woe on many other places, because not many people (and even less of the inactive ones) read the forum. If you havent prepared it yet, maybe you should think about:

- some little information on the Main page?

- post on server Twitter

- post on ratemyserver forums

- ingame notice with the annoying yellow gm text from time to time maybe?

- email sent to all registered account mails with some nice banner and info about the super awesome woe return, stating that the server peaks at 120 online players these days, calling people to arms...

- even this topic could use some more pictures, maybe some nice banner, screenshots of when woe had three active guilds, maybe some link to woe vid, like these made by Tekky etc to tease people a little; not just a little info-mention

I agree with Shinryu, specially the e-mail part. The more visibility, the better.
Taishiro
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

IRC nickname: Taishiro

Postby Roll » September 24th, 2016, 6:52 pm

We are definitely planning on emaling as many players as we can over the coming weeks! We will also do what we can to promote the re-opening of WoE as much as possible; Such as in-game messages.

Keep an eye out and spread the word! The more guilds, the more players, the better!
Roll
Poring
Poring

Postby Grace » September 24th, 2016, 7:33 pm

Get ready, it's coming!
Grace
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

IRC nickname: Pringles

Postby PaidPanda » September 24th, 2016, 11:34 pm

Hey everyone!

It's great to see Woe is getting re-activated. I recently joined back up after a few years and am looking to bring a majority of the ragnarok players in my guild here (thevanguardguild.com). It's exciting to see everyone excited about it. I look forward in having a great time with everyone on the battlefield.

Thank you!
PaidPanda
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Roll » September 25th, 2016, 12:51 am

That is great to hear Panda! I hope you guys start your own guild as well. The more variety the better.
Roll
Poring
Poring

Postby Puschel » September 25th, 2016, 6:56 pm

Sadly again iam not able to play that time ! (/sob)

Hope for the second WoE at other time for other Player\Timezones.
Vote for it  (/hlp)  (/hlp)  (/hlp)  (/hlp)  (/hlp)  (/go)  (/hlp)  (/hlp)  (/hlp)
Puschel
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby RandomProDude » September 25th, 2016, 9:51 pm

For me and my 3 friends the time is cool. And a 2nd woe would be good aswell, for the people that can't join at that time. Also please post on RMS forums and other pages that woe is back, it helps more than you think.

This time, we expect to see 215 minimum online for woe, so at least 60+ real players, since the record was arround 215 as i remember.

Good to see berrys guild full of people, i hope they are rdy to compete with Aether's GTB card.

STAFF EDIT: Do not purposely spread misinformation. Edited to reflect the reality.
RandomProDude
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Next

Return to News